Friday, January 2, 2009

The Sunshine State

I technically graduated from BYUI in August of 2006, although I left the good campus grounds in July to go traipsing around South America as a foreign exchange student. So I walked the semester before and got to hear from Elder Russel M. Nelson at the graduation speech. I actually started school the same semester that Pres Hinckley announced the change from Ricks to BYUI and was also able to participate in the Innauguration of Pres Clark. I do consider myself lucky. It was fun to watch the changes. I spent a lot of time with Activities (Bro Shaum, Sis Lovell, Bryce, etc etc) and also worked with the choirs and music dept.
Before I left Rexburg, I spent a year teaching there as a vocal coach/professional accompanist. It was such a great experience to work with the students and share in something that I love as much as they do.
I moved to Orlando on Sept 10 of this year. I now work in management for American Eagle and plan on keeping that job as I work through Grad School; UCF is on the horizon for me starting this fall and I will be studying Social Work. (You are most likely reading this random assortment of jobs and interests and wondering just what I am really interested in. I will tell you, it has been hard to narrow things down to one major for Grad School.)
What I love about Florida-- the sunshine, the temple, the beach, the Disney parks, free entrance into said parks, the ward, the BYUI alumni, and my roommates/house. What I don't love about Florida-- the fireants and the drivers. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. We love Disney World too! Sounds like we went to school at the same time. By the way, what is your name? I didn't catch that part in your post.

    ReplyDelete